The Linux Foundation has announced the launch of LF Edge: “an umbrella organization to establish an open, interoperable framework for edge computing independent of hardware, silicon, cloud, or operating system.“
The projects include
- Akraino Edge Stack – an open source software stack for high-availability cloud services.
- EdgeX Foundry – a common framework for IoT edge computing.
- Home Edge Project – a robust, reliable, and intelligent edge computing framework, platform and ecosystem for home devices first built by Samsung Electronics.
- Open Glossary of Edge Computing – a concise collection of terms related to the field of Edge computing.
- Project EVE (Edge Virtualization Engine – an open and agnostic standard edge architecture that accommodates complex and diverse on- and off-prem hardware, network and application selections.