The Linux Foundation and Dice surveyed more than 1,000 hiring managers and Linux Professionals in December 2014 to gain perspective on the current job landscape for people working in Linux. The information they discovered paints a very bright picture for the future of Linux professionals and highlights how proper training and certification can help individuals land great jobs.
- 97% of hiring managers are looking for people with Linux skills in the next 6 months.
- The adoption of other open source platforms (OpenStack, Open Source Software Defined Networking) is driving an increased need for Linux professionals.
- 44% of hiring managers say they are more likely to hire a person with a Linux Certification.
- 72% of Linux professionals have received a recruiting call in the last 6 months, 28% have received 6 or more.
- Only 19% of Linux developers see containers as driving job growth.
- 90% of Linux professionals surveyed report that Linux knowledge has advanced their career.
- 70% of companies have increased incentives to keep talented Linux professionals. 37% have offered more flexible work hours or telecommuting, and 36% have increased salaries.