Uber has released Fusion.js under an open source license; it’s a web framework that makes web development easier and produces lightweight, high-performing apps.
The seek to address the following problems with this library:
- Complex configuration and required boilerplate of multiple tools needed for server-side rendering, code splitting, and hot module reloading
- Lack of good abstractions for implementing and sharing features that involve different aspects of server-rendered React applications (i.e., spanning both server and client, dealing with serialization/hydration, server-client communication, etc.)
- Brittleness resulting from tight coupling of code located in different places
- Testing difficulties arising from side effects and singletons
- Lack of flexibility of a monolithic framework